Splunk Search

How to fully display y-axis labels for my bar chart?

amylala
Explorer

alt text

The bar chart y-axis labels format is "MessageID-ErrorCode", like “TestMessaage-5000”.
I want the label to be fully displayed, but currently it is displayed as "Test..00".
What to do?

Tags (4)

mwiew
Engager

increase your height:

dkwa01
Engager

Like this:

<option name="height">enter a number px</option> 
0 Karma

splunklakshman
Explorer

I am also facing this problem. Can any one help pls.

0 Karma

Sachin05

index=summary sourcetype=dbx_server source=TB_Azure_Summary | stats sum(Feb_2018) as Totals by SubscriptionName | fillnull value=0 |sort 10 Totals desc

Try this, Use Sort

0 Karma

Roopaul
Explorer

Hi.. I am also facing the same issue. Did you find any solution for this?

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

Take a look at the settings for the chart. You can look at them interactively under "Format".
You can also edit the underlying simple XML in a dashboard. Look here for your options: Chart Configuration Reference. I think the setting you want is charting.legend.labelStyle.overflowMode, set to ellipsisNone

0 Karma

amoldesai
Explorer

Unfortunately it does not work.

<option name="charting.chart">bar</option>
 <option name="height">1000</option>  
 <option name="charting.axisTitleX.text">PSIRT</option>
<option name="charting.axisTitleY.text">by Count</option>
<option name="charting.axisLabelsX.majorLabelStyle.overFlowMode">ellipsisNone</option>

I don't have enough karma points to attach the output image. But the labels appear with ellipsis in the middle as seen in the first post above by amylala(denoted by Y-axis label ).

Thanks

0 Karma

amoldesai
Explorer

I am too looking for an answer to display y-axis labels for my bar chart. Please let me know if you have any suggestion here.

Thanks.

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try using attribute charting.axisLabelsX.majorLabelStyle.overFlowMode and set it to ellipsisNone and change the position of legend to top or bottom (set charting.legend.placement to top or bottom

0 Karma

amylala
Explorer

Thanks, lguinn.

But seems "charting.legend.labelStyle.overflowMode" only impacts the legend label not the Y-axis label.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...