Splunk Search

How to filter out timestamp without miliseconds?

DPOIRE
Path Finder

We have 2 types of orders in the system, some are entered manually by phone and some are processed automatically as they are fed by other systems.
The way I can differentiate is by the order timestamps:
Phone orders do not contain miliseconds in the order timestamp (2022-09-16T17:07:41Z)
Orders filled automatically by other systems contain miliseconds (2022-09-16T16:22:28.573Z)
I am calculating the processing delays on these orders but I want to display the results on 2 rows:
1. Phone orders max delays
2. System orders max delays

Here is what I am using now:
MySearch  | rex field=_raw "(?ms)^(?:[^ \\n]* ){9}\"(?P<TradeDateTS>[^\"]+)" offset_field=_extracted_fields_bounds | rex field=_raw "^(?:[^ \\n]* ){7}\"(?P<StoreTS>[^\"]+)" offset_field=_extracted_fields_bounds0 | eval Delay = (strptime(StoreTS, "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%N"))-(strptime(TradeDateTS, "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%N"))
| stats max(Delay)

Note: the goal is not to add or remove the miliseconds information

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Differentiating the timestamps is just a matter of looking for those with a "." in them.

MySearch  | rex field=_raw "(?ms)^(?:[^ \\n]* ){9}\"(?P<TradeDateTS>[^\"]+)" 
| rex field=_raw "^(?:[^ \\n]* ){7}\"(?P<StoreTS>[^\"]+)" 
| eval Delay = (strptime(StoreTS, "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%N"))-(strptime(TradeDateTS, "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%N"))
| eval orderType=if(match(TradeDateTS, "\."), "auto", "phone")
| stats max(Delay) by orderType
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Differentiating the timestamps is just a matter of looking for those with a "." in them.

MySearch  | rex field=_raw "(?ms)^(?:[^ \\n]* ){9}\"(?P<TradeDateTS>[^\"]+)" 
| rex field=_raw "^(?:[^ \\n]* ){7}\"(?P<StoreTS>[^\"]+)" 
| eval Delay = (strptime(StoreTS, "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%N"))-(strptime(TradeDateTS, "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%N"))
| eval orderType=if(match(TradeDateTS, "\."), "auto", "phone")
| stats max(Delay) by orderType
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

DPOIRE
Path Finder

Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...