Splunk Search

How to filter out the account name ending with "$"?

samlinsongguo
Communicator

I have data looks like below

AccountName
    account1-abc$
    account2-abc$
    account3-xyz$
    account4

I want to filter out the account name end with $ with following query

AccountName!=*$

I expect it only return account4 however it does not return anything. if I do following query

AccountName!=*adc$

it does only return me
account3-xyz$ and account4
Any suggestion why the first search does not do what expected but the second query did what expect? is that because $ is special character?

Thanks in advance

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

harishalipaka
Motivator

hi @samlinsongguo

try like this

|makeresults |eval AccountName="account1-abc$" |append [|makeresults |eval AccountName="account2-abc$" ]|append [|makeresults |eval AccountName="account3-xyz$" ]|append [|makeresults |eval AccountName="account4" ] |table AccountName |where NOT  AccountName like ("%$")
Thanks
Harish

View solution in original post

0 Karma

harishalipaka
Motivator

hi @samlinsongguo

try like this

|makeresults |eval AccountName="account1-abc$" |append [|makeresults |eval AccountName="account2-abc$" ]|append [|makeresults |eval AccountName="account3-xyz$" ]|append [|makeresults |eval AccountName="account4" ] |table AccountName |where NOT  AccountName like ("%$")
Thanks
Harish
0 Karma

samlinsongguo
Communicator

tried my log it looks like working thank you for your help

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...