Splunk Search

How to filter out few data showing up from my search string while setting a alert notification on triggering condition

Snehaan
Explorer

Hello team,

My search string is as below: 

index=qrp STAGE IN ("*_RAW", T_FEED_MESSAGES) | stats sum(TRADES) as "TradeCount" by ODS_SRC_SYSTEM_CODE 

splunk_1.PNG

And the result screenshot is above. The AR1, BE1 ect are source system codes and the numerical values for each source system in the rows are the aggregate trade counts for respective source system at the time span starting from 00:00:00 hours till 05:00:00 hours. However for source systems like BE2 and MA1 the count doesn't alter all through the day and is always 1.

Now when I want to custom trigger a notification alert using this search string when threshold value of trade counts for each individual source system is less than 10 at 08:00:00 then by default always BE2 and MA1 comes up in alert.  Hence if I only want to exclude these two source system and take rest into consideration while setting up my custom trigger notification. How to achieve this? 

Kindly help me with your valuable inputs.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

index=qrp STAGE IN ("*_RAW", T_FEED_MESSAGES) | stats sum(TRADES) as "TradeCount" by ODS_SRC_SYSTEM_CODE | search ODS_SRC_SYSTEM_CODE!="BE2" OR ODS_SRC_SYSTEM_CODE!="MA1" | where TradeCount < 10

View solution in original post

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

index=qrp STAGE IN ("*_RAW", T_FEED_MESSAGES) | stats sum(TRADES) as "TradeCount" by ODS_SRC_SYSTEM_CODE | search ODS_SRC_SYSTEM_CODE!="BE2" OR ODS_SRC_SYSTEM_CODE!="MA1" | where TradeCount < 10

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...