Splunk Search

How to export search results into a text file using search

mbasharat
Contributor

Hi,

I am exploring some options for exporting data into text file from Splunk. I have a scheduled saved search which produces results like below in statistical table format. I need this to be written to a .txt file. Results written need to be appended to existing txt file.

count      index      sourcetype                      time                                               results 

0                   A                      B               04/05/2022 00:00:00         Success exceeds Failures 

Thanks in-advance!!!!!!

Labels (4)
0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion
0 Karma

mbasharat
Contributor

I tried but thats for raw. I tried using it for stats table and it did not generate anything in specified directory.

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

you would need to format the output

<your search>
| table count index sourcetype time results 
| eval _raw = mvzip(mvzip(mvzip(mvzip(count, index, " "), sourcetype, " "),time, " "),results, " ")
| outputtext usexml=false | rename _xml as raw | fields raw | fields - _* | outputcsv append=t results.txt
0 Karma

mbasharat
Contributor

Quick Q. The file frim savedsearch will be written on SH correct? We have SH cluster. Also, can path be defined at SPL level? Thanks.

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

I do not think you can change the path explicitly in SPL

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Getting-Data-In/How-to-change-the-location-a-saved-search-outputs-a-...

however, you can write cron jobs to move the file on OS level.

0 Karma

mbasharat
Contributor

Understood. Testing it for output. Will update shortly. Thank you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...