Splunk Search

How to exclude sub folders

socdtv

Hi All

I would like to monitor "4670: Permissions on an object were changed".

I have the following query:

index=wineventlog sourcetype="WinEventLog:Security" "EventCode=4670" "Object_Name"!= "."
| search [inputlookup xxxxxx.csv]
| Table _time EventCode Account_Name "Object_Type" "Object_Name"
| rename EventCode AS "Event", "Account_Name" AS "User", "Object_Type" AS "Object", "Object_Name" AS "Folder"

In the results I get the root folder and all it subfolders.

How can I exclude the subfolders from the results so I just get the root folder?

Regards

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

adonio
Ultra Champion

Hello soctv,
the field "Object_Name" contains the path with all folders, here i used eval split and mvindex to extract it. there are other ways like | rex command for example.
here is my search based on your search and a screenshot:

index=wineventlog sourcetype="WinEventLog:Security" "EventCode=4670" "Object_Name"!= "." 
| head
| eval dirs=split(Object_Name ,"\\")
| eval root_dir= mvindex(dirs, 1)
| table _time EventCode Account_Name "Object_Type" "root_dir"

alt text

hope it helps

View solution in original post

adonio
Ultra Champion

Hello soctv,
the field "Object_Name" contains the path with all folders, here i used eval split and mvindex to extract it. there are other ways like | rex command for example.
here is my search based on your search and a screenshot:

| head
| eval dirs=split(Object_Name ,"\\")
| eval root_dir= mvindex(dirs, 1)
| table _time EventCode Account_Name "Object_Type" "root_dir"

alt text

hope it helps

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...