Splunk Search

How to edit my search using the "map" command?

tmontney
Builder

I have two searches I want to be run in a real-time alert. I've never used map before, but this is what I have. It's not returning any results.

index="eventlog" AND case(EventCode=4624 AND (host=HOST1 OR host=HOST2 OR host=HOST3),
map search="search index='eventlog' AND (Logon_Type=2 OR Logon_Type=7 OR Logon_Type=10) AND Logon_GUID!={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
| eval Title=user.' ... '.host 
| eval Body='Logon Type is '.Logon_Type.' '.Message",
EventCode=20274 AND (host=HOST4 OR host=HOST5),
map search="search index='eventlog'
| eval part1=split(body, 'user') 
| eval temp=mvindex(part1, 1) 
| eval part2=split(temp, 'connected') 
| eval temp2=mvindex(part2, 0) 
| eval usernameSplit=split(temp2, '\\')
| eval username=mvindex(usernameSplit,1)
| eval Title=username.' ... VPN RAS Logon ... '.host
| eval Body='The alert condition for *VPN Logon* was triggered.'")
| table Title Body
0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

It seems like at the very least you are missing a pipe character where the comma is after .message"

Look at what you posted, and notice the green is code inside of quotes (single or double).

You have EventCode=20274 just sort of sitting there, not associated with a search. and no pipe before the following map command.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

The map syntax is wrong. See map documentation for correct usage. https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.1/SearchReference/Map

Also, real-time alerts are not efficient and if you can mange with a delay of few minutes, I would suggest to setup a regular/historical search alert.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...