Splunk Search

How to edit my search to group incidents based on resource and average their response time?

dhiraj027in

I have a search which gets me the data below:

Assigned to       Short description           Opened           Resolved          duration
Arjay Torreliza   Pending Files               5/31/2016 22:43   6/1/2016 9:49   11:06:00  
Arjay Torreliza   Price Changes Failure 1/1   5/31/2016 19:30   5/31/2016 22:45   3:15:00  
Arjay Torreliza   Price Changes Failure 1/2   5/31/2016 7:17    5/31/2016 8:32    1:15:00   

What I am looking for is below:

Assigned to       Short description       Opened           Resolved          duration   Count   Avg duration
Arjay Torreliza   Pending Files           5/31/2016 22:43   6/1/2016 9:49   11:06:00   1       11:06:00
Arjay Torreliza   Price Changes Failure   5/31/2016 19:30   5/31/2016 22:45   3:15:00    2       2:15:00

I want to group "Assigned to" by a common string from Short Description and also get the Avg Duration for that group. What should I do? Please help.

Below is the search I use:

index="incidents_stores_wisp" date_year="2016" Category="Alert" | eval opened_epoch=strptime(Opened, "%m/%d/%Y %H:%M") | eval resolved_epoch=strptime(Resolved, "%m/%d/%Y %H:%M") | eval duration=tostring(resolved_epoch-opened_epoch, "duration") | rex field=duration "(?\d{0,2})\+?(?\d{2})(?:\d{2}:\d{2})" | eval d=if(len(d)=0, 0, d) | eval duration=(d*24+h).ms | table Number "Assigned to" "Short description" Opened Resolved duration
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try

index="incidents_stores_wisp" date_year="2016" Category="Alert" | eval opened_epoch=strptime(Opened, "%m/%d/%Y %H:%M") | eval resolved_epoch=strptime(Resolved, "%m/%d/%Y %H:%M") | eval duration=resolved_epoch-opened_epoch | eval "Short Description"=replace('Short Description',"\d\/\d","") | stats  earliest(Opened) as Opened latest(Resolved) as Resolved sum(duration) as Duration count avg(Duration) as "Avg Duration" by  "Assigned to" "Short description"  |  foreach *Duration [eval "<<FIELD>>"=tostring('<<FIELD>>',"duration")]
0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

You will have to extract the common string to a field and then you can group by Assigned and CommonString. For example

index="incidents_stores_wisp" date_year="2016" Category="Alert" | eval opened_epoch=strptime(Opened, "%m/%d/%Y %H:%M") | eval resolved_epoch=strptime(Resolved, "%m/%d/%Y %H:%M") | eval duration=tostring(resolved_epoch-opened_epoch, "duration") | rex field=duration "(?\d{0,2})+?(?\d{2})(?:\d{2}:\d{2})" | eval d=if(len(d)=0, 0, d) | eval duration=(d*24+h).ms | rex field="Short Description" "?<commonstring>Price|Pending)" | stats earliest(Opened) as Opened earliest(Resolved) as Resolved count values(duration) as Duration by "Assigned To" commonstring
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...