Splunk Search

How to edit my search to get the output to show on a radial gauge?

TJ0214

I am trying to show the total amount of space we are using in a box right now for a dashboard. Here is my following serach, but I can't get the output to show on the needle. I was hoping it would work. Any ideas?

index=es_sec_box_ko sourcetype="box:users" | eval spaceUsed_GB=(space_used/1024/1024/1024) | where spaceUsed_GB >0 |stats latest(spaceUsed_GB) as spaceUsed_GB count by login |addcoltotals | sort -spaceUsed_GB

Thanks!

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try something like this (little optimization done as well)

index=es_sec_box_ko sourcetype="box:users" space_used>0 |stats latest(space_used) as space_used by login  | eval spaceUsed_GB=(space_used/1024/1024/1024)| stats sum(spaceUsed_GB) as spaceUsed_GB
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Try this:

index=es_sec_box_ko sourcetype="box:users" | dedup login | eval spaceUsed_GB=(space_used/1024/1024/1024) | stats sum(spaceUsed_GB) as total_spaceUsed_GB

This will produce a single value that should display in your single-value visualization.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

What do you mean by "show on the needle"? If you mean some kind of single-value visualization, then you need to get rid of the by login part of your search because this causes stats to not produce a single value.

0 Karma

TJ0214

Im sorry I meant the radial gauge for a dashboard option does that help?

0 Karma

TJ0214

I took out by login and got no data.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...