Splunk Search
Highlighted

How to edit my search to find results from 7 days from yesterday in relative_time?

Path Finder

Hi All,

This give me value by subtracting 7 days from now

|stats count | eval next_time=relative_time(now(),"-7d@d")| convert ctime(*_time)

I am actually want 7 days starting from yesterday and used the below one and its not giving me any value.

|stats count | eval next_time=relative_time("-1d@d","-7d@d")| convert ctime(*_time)

Please let me know, how this can be achieved.

Highlighted

Re: How to edit my search to find results from 7 days from yesterday in relative_time?

Motivator

7 days from yesterday will be |stats count | eval next_time=relative_time(now(),"-8d@d")| convert ctime(*_time)

Additional information on this, Try | addinfo may help you.

Search time frame: Last 1 hr (change based on your requirement)

|stats count | addinfo | eval earliest=relative_time(info_max_time,"-7d@d") | eval latest=relative_time(info_max_time,"-1d@d") | eval next_time=relative_time("-1d@d","-7d@d") | convert ctime(info_max_time) as info_max_time, ctime(info_min_time) as info_min_time , ctime(earliest) ctime(latest)

Description, | addinfo Provides the details about the search like infomaxtime, infomintime, Taking infomaxtime and use relative time to move the earliest to 7 days (any relative time 7d@d based on your requirement). Used the same infomaxtime field to calculate the yesterday (-1d@d) .

Definition of relative_time function ,

relative_time(X,Y)
This function takes an epochtime time, X, as the first argument and a relative time specifier, Y, as the second argument and returns the epochtime value of Y applied to X.

Example, ... | eval n=relative_time(now(), "-1d@d")

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.2/SearchReference/CommonEvalFunctions#Date and Time functions

Highlighted

Re: How to edit my search to find results from 7 days from yesterday in relative_time?

Path Finder

Thanks this helps, however, I have new challenge here. Basically my query looks like this

index="data" |eval period=if(time>=relativetime(now(),"-8d@d"),strftime(relativetime(time,"@w7"),"%m/%d"),strftime(relativetime(time,"-@w7"),"%m/%d")) |search period!=NULL | chart count over app_name by period | sort 10 -period.

I am not able to bring up the top 10 values using above query, can you guys let me know.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Esteemed Legend

Change the stuff after the last | to this:

| top 10 app_name by period
0 Karma
Highlighted

Path Finder

Thanks, this didn't help

0 Karma
Highlighted

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is how your final output like before sort:-

appname, sundaylastweek, sundaythisweek
appname1, count ,count...

So, you get two columns with count, which one you want to use to sort/get top 10 values?

0 Karma
Highlighted

Path Finder

Thanks somesoni2, I want to sort appname1,count,count...

0 Karma
Highlighted

Esteemed Legend

I am completely confused but that's not the worst part; every update makes me more confused!

0 Karma
Highlighted

Influencer

@smaran06 - Did the answer provided by vasanthmss help provide a working solution to your original question? If yes, please don't forget to resolve this post by clicking "Accept". If no, please leave a comment with additonal feedback. Thank you.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Esteemed Legend

Wait for it ..... !

0 Karma
Speak Up for Splunk Careers!

We want to better understand the impact Splunk experience and expertise has has on individuals' careers, and help highlight the growing demand for Splunk skills.