Splunk Search

How to edit my search to extract the last appended letter in a URI field and use eval to assign each letter a certain value?

rsingh_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi all,

I need to extract the last appended letter part in the URI field and use eval to term them as:
d = Detail
m = Hover
e = Edit
o = Home Page

My data below consists of this format "/15_digit_alphanumeric/Flag_I_need"
/ab0/o
/ab040000001BUXp
/ab03300000Fsmcs/e
/ab03300000EZAwx/m
/ab03300000Ejhtx/d

My current search is:

EVENT_TYPE=URI  URI=/ab0* | eval description=case(match(URI,"/ab0/o"),"Home Page", match(URI,"/ab0[a-zA-Z0-9]{12}"),"List Page", match(URI,"/ab0[a-zA-Z0-9]{12}/e"),"Edit Page",match(URI,"/ab0[a-zA-Z0-9]{12}/m"),"Hover") |...

But it only shows the "Home Page" correctly and shows all the other description value as "List Page".
Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance.

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Change the order of the entries in your case statement so "List Page" is last. It's the more general regex so the Edit Page and Hover entries don't get past it.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Change the order of the entries in your case statement so "List Page" is last. It's the more general regex so the Edit Page and Hover entries don't get past it.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

rsingh_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

ah! that's how it works.
Thanks richgalloway , works like charm now.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...