Splunk Search

How to edit my search to check for a valid order of events against a lookup?

swe
Path Finder

Hi there,

i have a series of events wich contain time and location information and want to check if they are in a valid (actually defined in a lookup) order.

The search

index="touchtrack" Event.EventName="touched" host="touchtrack_file" |  lookup dbttloc.csv sensor AS Event.SensorNumber OUTPUT name longitude latitude | transaction maxspan=30s mvlist=t | head 1 | Table Time name | eval Time=mvdedup(Time) | eval name=mvdedup(name)

has this result:

Time                         name
2016-05-31 20:32:42.851001   München
2016-05-31 20:32:43.956112   Berlin
2016-05-31 20:32:45.233240   Frankfurt
2016-05-31 20:32:47.176434   Hamburg

I want to compare the oldest event (here München) against the next one (here Berlin) and so on against the order in a lookup.

From      To
München   Hamburg
Hamburg   Berlin

and mark the transaction as valid (or not).

In the given example, the transaction is not valid because München - Berlin is not in the lookup

Any ideas are welcome as I do not have any left... 🙂

thanks
swe

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

GIve this a try

index="touchtrack" Event.EventName="touched" host="touchtrack_file" |  lookup dbttloc.csv sensor AS Event.SensorNumber OUTPUT name longitude latitude | transaction maxspan=30s mvlist=t | head 1 | Table Time name | eval Time=mvdedup(Time) | eval name=mvdedup(name) | eval eventstart=mvindex(name, 0) | eval eventend=mvindex(name, 1) | lookup stationlist.csv From AS eventstart OUTPUT To | eval valid=if(eventend=To, "Yes", "No")

swe
Path Finder

thanks sundareshr,

this lead me to a different approach, without having to loop within the multivalue:

• streamstats current=f global=f window=1 last(Nach) as Von *
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...