Splunk Search

How to edit my regex to extract the type and message fields for the exception information from WinEventLog:Application?

chrisduimstra
Path Finder

I am trying to extract the type and message field for the exception information in the application logs. I have abstracted the logs because they are quite long. The logs can have between 1 to 3 Exception Information groups, and I need the type and message field from each one. I have tried the following regex in my props file without success. These have been tested and worked on https://regex101.com/#pcre. The first one works, but the second and third are not working.

EXTRACT-exception_message1 = \bType: \b.*?\n\bMessage: \b(?P<exception_message>.*?)\n
EXTRACT-exception_message2 = 2\)(?:.*\n){3}\bMessage: \b(?P<exception_message>.*?)\n
EXTRACT-exception_message3 = 3\)(?:.*\n){3}\bMessage: \b(?P<exception_message>.*?)\n

I have also tried extracting to separate fields by naming the fields.

<exception_message1>
<exception_message2>
<exception_message3>

While the type field will be useful, my priority is to get the message field extracting properly.
Here is an example of a log.

somefields=value

General Information
morefields=morevalues

1) Exception Information
Type=value
Message=value
otherfields=values

Stack Trace Information
   stacktraceinfo

2) Exception Information
Type=value
Message=value
otherfields=values

Stack Trace Information
   stacktraceinfo
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

somesoni2
Revered Legend

chrisduimstra
Path Finder

This pointed me in the right direction, thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...