Splunk Search

How to edit my geostats search for a simple map visualization? Getting "no match found"

seetharamanss
Explorer

Hi,

I'm trying to do a simple MAP visualization with the search below, but it is throwing me error no match found. Is there any thing I'm missing out?

host = "hostname" sourcetype = "sourcetypelog"  MarketName =SINGAPORE | geostats latfield=1.3667 longfield=103.8 count by MarketName
0 Karma
1 Solution

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

... | eval lat="1.3667" | eval lon="103.8"| geostats latfield=lat longfield=lon count by MarketName

View solution in original post

0 Karma

s2_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

latfield/longfield are meant to be the field names for latitude and longitude, not the field values.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

... | eval lat="1.3667" | eval lon="103.8"| geostats latfield=lat longfield=lon count by MarketName
0 Karma

seetharamanss
Explorer

Thank you . It worked

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...