Splunk Search

How to edit an inputlookup search that returns more results than expected?

TheJagoff
Communicator

Hello (again),

I have a lookup table that has 17 fields in it and 200 total records, but of interest to me is a table named "pub_table" that I want to match against records in my index=prod sourcetype=stats table_name field - which has about 1500 unique table_name entries.

When I perform the following

|inputlookup assets_mapping_flow.csv| sort pub_table|table pub_table       

the data I receive is along the lines of (I'm masking the data):

flow_01
flow_02
flow_03
flow_200

When I do the following search for my report:

index=prod sourcetype=stats [|inputlookup assets_mapping_flow.csv |return 200 $pub_table] | stats dc(table_name) by table_name

this is what I receive on the report

flow_1
flow_1a
flow_1a_test
flow_2
flow_2a

I only want to see flow_1, flow_2, flow_3 and so on, so it appears that I'm getting anything that contains those expressions.

Question - how do I correct this?

Many thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

cmerriman
Super Champion

try something like:

index=prod sourcetype=stats [|inputlookup assets_mapping_flow.csv|rename pub_table as table_name |return 200 table_name] | stats dc(table_name) by table_name

or

index=prod sourcetype=stats [|inputlookup assets_mapping_flow.csv|rename pub_table as table_name |table table_name|format] | stats dc(table_name) by table_name

View solution in original post

cmerriman
Super Champion

try something like:

index=prod sourcetype=stats [|inputlookup assets_mapping_flow.csv|rename pub_table as table_name |return 200 table_name] | stats dc(table_name) by table_name

or

index=prod sourcetype=stats [|inputlookup assets_mapping_flow.csv|rename pub_table as table_name |table table_name|format] | stats dc(table_name) by table_name

TheJagoff
Communicator

Yes works great, going with the first option for my case.

Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...