Splunk Search

How to do you change ownership of a lookup file?

sheamus69
Communicator

We have several lookup files for users who have left, and we would like to transfer the ownership to a new production user that we have created for the purpose. Any idea how to do this?

For other knowledge objects this can be done in settings > All Configurations > Reassign Knowledge Objects, but lookups do not seem to be included in this list.

Splunk 6.6.5
ES: 4.7.4

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You'll have to move the files manually from $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/<olduser>/<app>/lookups/* to $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/<newuser>/lookups.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

Guardian452
Explorer

In addition to the above, please also look at the following link as the instructions there solved my ownership issue:

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/46339/change-app-and-object-ownership.html

In some cases the file is stored under the app context and moving it won't change the ownership. This happened to me while updating a lookup file for a custom app. There is a metadata folder in the app folder which contains default and local .meta files. I edited the local.meta file, found my owner=[myuseraccount] and changed this to nobody (or whatever user you want). Found the metadata files under $SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps/[appname]/metadata.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...