Splunk Search

How to do you change ownership of a lookup file?

sheamus69
Communicator

We have several lookup files for users who have left, and we would like to transfer the ownership to a new production user that we have created for the purpose. Any idea how to do this?

For other knowledge objects this can be done in settings > All Configurations > Reassign Knowledge Objects, but lookups do not seem to be included in this list.

Splunk 6.6.5
ES: 4.7.4

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You'll have to move the files manually from $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/<olduser>/<app>/lookups/* to $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/<newuser>/lookups.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

Guardian452
Explorer

In addition to the above, please also look at the following link as the instructions there solved my ownership issue:

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/46339/change-app-and-object-ownership.html

In some cases the file is stored under the app context and moving it won't change the ownership. This happened to me while updating a lookup file for a custom app. There is a metadata folder in the app folder which contains default and local .meta files. I edited the local.meta file, found my owner=[myuseraccount] and changed this to nobody (or whatever user you want). Found the metadata files under $SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps/[appname]/metadata.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...