Splunk Search

How to display host types in Y axis and X axis chart?

jayachandrank
Explorer

I have different host types (like SC, RC and etc) and its different version(18.1, 19, 19.1 and etc). I am trying to display host types in Y axis and respective Version in X axis. Tried using stats command but couldn't get what i want. Your thoughts pls?

0 Karma
1 Solution

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hello @jayachandrank,
Can you use chart instead of stats? Something like...

| chart count by host_types, version

Replace host_types with the field you want to display on Y-axis and version with the field you want to display on X-axis. Replace count by whatsoever operation you want.

Hope this helps!!!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@jayachandrank would it be possible to add a mock screenshot to your question? Also post what is your current query and output.

mrunals
Path Finder

I think you do want chart but you have to do the OVER and BY splitting

| chart count over version by types

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hello @jayachandrank,
Can you use chart instead of stats? Something like...

| chart count by host_types, version

Replace host_types with the field you want to display on Y-axis and version with the field you want to display on X-axis. Replace count by whatsoever operation you want.

Hope this helps!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...