Splunk Search

How to disable or enable panels based on drop down value in the dashboard?

ghostrider
Path Finder

I have a drop/drill down with 3 values namely:

All,A,B

And there are 2 panels, let's say 1 and 2 which take input in the form of tokenfilter from above drop down. 1 should be displayed and 2 hidden when A is selected. 2 should be displayed and 1 hidden when B is selected. And lastly when All is selected both the panels should be displayed.  Is there a way to achieve this in the panels or dashboard?

Any pointers would be helpful on the same.

Tags (3)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In the change handler of the dropdown, set and unset tokens for the whether the panel should be displayed, e.g. displayA and displayB, then use the depends attribute on the panels

<panel depends="$displayA$">
0 Karma

ghostrider
Path Finder

Thanks!! but I dont see any handler in the dropdown settings. Only options I see are below.  I am referring below token in the search queries of the 2 panels. Where do I need to define the "displayA" and "displayB"? 

ghostrider_0-1665687691402.png

ghostrider_1-1665687781399.png

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Currently only available in SimpleXML dashboards, not Studio

0 Karma

ghostrider
Path Finder

Ok. Any idea on how to do it in Studio?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...