Splunk Search

How to determine right value for Outlier Tolerance Threshold command in Smart Outlier Detection Assistant in MLTK app ?

dm1
Contributor

I am developing a use case to detect outliers on logons for a specific app using Smart Outlier Detection Assistant in MLTK app.

There is the Outlier Tolerance Threshold parameter in the Learn stage which I am unsure how to use.

The doc states "Adjust as needed based on the number of expected outliers."

how can someone know how many outliers they are expected ? To me, it doesn't makes sense as to how or why someone would already know this. Its what the usecase to indicate the number of outliers or maybe I am misinterpreting something.

Can someone please explain or direct me to some good documentation which properly explains this ?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...