Splunk Search

How to create trigger alert if the count in the dashboard is zero?

prettysunshinez
Explorer

I would want an alert to be triggered and sent to mail if a particular panel has the count=0 in the dashboard

how should we achieve that

pls help

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

prettysunshinez
Explorer

@gcusello  The search of the panel has values parsed from the other panels in the dashbaord.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Anyway, the only solution is the one I described:

you have to create one single search and save it as an alert, it isn't possible to create an alert taking parameters from other panels or inputs.

I could add that the concept of alert is to have a rule that automatically checks the conditions and triggers without human intervenes.

You could also add the sendmail command to a panel, but in this way, the mail is sent every time you open the dashboard and I don't think that's acceptable.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @prettysunshinez,

you have only to take the search in the panel and run it in the Search dashboard, then you have to save it as an Alert, adding the other informations: trigger condition (count=0), scheduling, time frame, etc...).

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...