Splunk Search

How to create raw field?

bosseres
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I have next one task: I want to collect (with collect command) information which I got after stats. Problem is that there is empty _raw field, and I don't want to add _raw in stats (because of heavy search)

So, now I have such search:

| stats ...
| table ...
| collect index=test

I need the _raw field before collect to apply to it rex sed command. 

I know that collect creates raw field even if it doesn't exist. If there are any other ways to create it? Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @bosseres,

usually _raw isn't a field stored with collect command.

But if you have, in the collect fields, information do exactly define the _raw event (or events), you could create (in dashboard) a drilldows feature to display (from the index) only the _raw events interested to a selected raw in stats.

this is the approach used in ES where you have Correlation Searches that contain only the data relevant for the alert, then for each of them you can define a drilldown search that takes raw data from the index related to an alert using the information in the Correlation Search.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...