Splunk Search

How to create eval statement to get percentage from 2 fields extracted with spath on JSON data?

bwindham
Path Finder

I have a field PP that I would like to use in eval statement to get a percentage from JSON data and using spath.

Here is the search:

index=main sourcetype=knowbe4 | head 1 | spath input=_raw path="{}.name" output=Campaign | spath input=_raw path="{}.status" output=Status | spath input=_raw path="{}.started_at" output=Started | spath input=_raw path="{}.duration" output=Duration | spath input=_raw path="{}.scheduled_count" output=Recipients | spath input=_raw path="{}.delivered_count" output=Delivered | spath input=_raw path="{}.clicked_count" output=Clicked | spath input=_raw path="{}.attachment_open_count" output="AttachOpen" | spath input=_raw path="{}.reported_count" output=Reported | spath input=_raw path="{}.phish_prone_percentage" output=PP| convert num(PP) as PPP | eval perc=(PP * 100) |  table Campaign Status Started Duration Recipients Delivered Clicked "Attachment Open" Reported PP perc PPP

I have values for PP and PPP but no value (null) for perc.

Table results:

Campaign  Status  Started   Duration  Recipients  Delivered  Clicked  AttachOpen  Reported   PP   perc   PPP
2018 W-2   Active   2/13/18     4             1657            1401           141           0                     140         .17              .17
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try changing | eval perc=(PP * 100) to | eval perc=(PPP*100) in your query.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

s33butler

@bwindham - Are you able to share any info on your KnowBe4 Splunk config? Is there a prebuilt app from KnowBe4 or did you build the API input script yourself?

Thank you for your time,
Scott

0 Karma

dacosta123
Explorer

bwindham - I'm curious on how you are getting your knowbe4 data into Splunk?

We are new knowbe4 customers and wanted to know if its work ingesting the data into Splunk.

thanks,

Dan

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try changing | eval perc=(PP * 100) to | eval perc=(PPP*100) in your query.

0 Karma

bwindham
Path Finder

yep, typo on my part

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@bwindham, after correcting the fieldname if your issue is resolved, then kindly accept the answer to mark this question as answered!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...