Splunk Search

How to create data according to search results?

NimrodSky
Explorer

Hi all,

I"m kind of new to Splunk to maybe I am not using the right terms, but I need help with this scenario:

I have a stream of events indexed in my Splunk, where events can be "user_added" or "user_removed". I want to create a database with valid users, meaning that when I get "user_added" I will add the username to a new table, and when I get "user_removed" I will remove it from the table.

Thanks for your help

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You need to create a KV Store Collection (your DB), then start a Real-Time search with script actions to call the REST Endpoints (described in link below) to add and remove individual records.

http://dev.splunk.com/view/SP-CAAAEZG

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You need to create a KV Store Collection (your DB), then start a Real-Time search with script actions to call the REST Endpoints (described in link below) to add and remove individual records.

http://dev.splunk.com/view/SP-CAAAEZG

DMohn
Motivator

Can you please specify what you mean with "creating a database"? Do you want a Splunk report with all valid users, or do you really want to export the search results into a database?

0 Karma

NimrodSky
Explorer

I want this list to be available for other searchs, so I think I need to export the results, and not only that, I want to remove existing data according to new results

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...