Splunk Search

How to create an alert to trigger a happy birthday email based on a date field in a CSV file?

bhaskardaivala

Hello all

I have data in a CSV file like:
Name. dob gender
Xxx 02/08/1995 m
Abc 12/09/1993 F
Bxc 24/05/1992 m

So I need to monitor this Excel and using alerts, I should trigger an email by comparing today's date and dob and should trigger an email with user name and description with a happy birthday message.

Can someone ping the sample search for this?
We will compare month and date not the year

0 Karma
1 Solution

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

| inputlookup doblist.csv | eval birthday=strptime(dob, "%m/%d") | eval today=relative_time(now(), "@d") | where dob=today

View solution in original post

ppablo
Retired

Hi @bhaskardaivala

Can you please follow up with your question and confirm if the answer by @sundareshr solved your question? If yes, please be sure to resolve the post by clicking "Accept" directly below his answer. Thanks!

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

| inputlookup doblist.csv | eval birthday=strptime(dob, "%m/%d") | eval today=relative_time(now(), "@d") | where dob=today
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...