Splunk Search

How to create a table that shows multiple failed logins on the same workstation by different usernames?

bakalon
Explorer

Hello,
So I'm looking to a use case where I have to create a table that shows multiple failed logins on the same workstation by different usernames.

Here's what I have so far:

index=windows* sourcetype=WinEventLog:Security EventCode=4625 | eval AccountName=mvindex(Account_Name, 1) | | stats  values(AccountName) by Workstation_Name

That shows all accounts that failed to log in. I want the result where there are multiple failed accounts on the same workstation. So something like ....| where AccountName > 1.

Please let me know if this makes sense. Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try like this

index=windows* sourcetype=WinEventLog:Security EventCode=4625 | eval AccountName=mvindex(Account_Name, 1) |  stats  values(AccountName) as Accounts by Workstation_Name | where mvcount(Accounts)>1

View solution in original post

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try like this

index=windows* sourcetype=WinEventLog:Security EventCode=4625 | eval AccountName=mvindex(Account_Name, 1) |  stats  values(AccountName) as Accounts by Workstation_Name | where mvcount(Accounts)>1

bakalon
Explorer

Dude!!! Thank you very much. I was not aware of the mvcount expression. This worked like a charm. Cheers!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...