Splunk Search

How to create a search that calculates percentage from 2 different values in the same field.

Bliide
Path Finder

New Splunk user. I am creating web dashboards and I want to calculate the percentage of successful status codes. The logs are IIS. I am trying to create a search that takes the total status codes (sc_status="*") and divides by the successful status codes (sc_status<=400). I am just trying to create a single value quick reference that shows the percentage of success. I know I need to use eval to define the fields but I am having problems understanding how to put the different values together. When I do the following search I get No results found.

| stats count(eval(sc_status="*")) AS total, count(eval(sc_status<=400)) AS success | eval percent_difference=((success/total)*100) | table percent_difference

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try this

Your base search | stats count(sc_status) AS total, count(eval(sc_status<=400)) AS success | eval percent_difference=((success/total)100) | table percent_difference

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try this

Your base search | stats count(sc_status) AS total, count(eval(sc_status<=400)) AS success | eval percent_difference=((success/total)100) | table percent_difference

Bliide
Path Finder

Thanks for the quick reply, working great now!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...