Splunk Search

How to create a report based on different source types and include the results from a search on 1 source type that requires a transaction command?

guarisma
Contributor

Hello,

I have several different source types and I need to create a report on them, most of them have events with all the fields I need, but one of them doesn't because the events are broken into other events that can become a transaction.
When I pipe only those events to the transaction command I get all the fields I need, but I don't know how to incorporate the results with the other searches that don't require a transaction.

for example:

This is the search for my normal report:

index=* sourcetype=a sourcetype=b | table file_name, action, user

And this is the search I have to incorporate into the report:

index=* sourcetype=c | transaction id| table file_name, action, user

What can I do?

Thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this

index=* sourcetype=a OR sourcetype=b | table file_name, action, user | append [search index=* sourcetype=c | transaction id| table file_name, action, user]

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this

index=* sourcetype=a OR sourcetype=b | table file_name, action, user | append [search index=* sourcetype=c | transaction id| table file_name, action, user]

guarisma
Contributor

Yes, this works.
I also found the multisearch command, any recommendations on which might be better?

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...