Splunk Search

How to create a bar chart that counts completed tickets and averages

tmanuel1

Hi guys! I am pretty new to this and in researching I have not found what I am looking for or did not recognize the answer when it was in front of me. Anyway, I am trying to create a bar chart that counts how many completed tickets, Average days it too to assign the ticket, Average days to complete the ticket after it was assigned and the Total Average Days per month. So what I am 'trying to do' is have a chart that shows...

example:

Month Completed Avg_Days_to_Assign Avg_Days_to_Complete_after_Assign Total_Avg_Days
JAN 1 12 10 22
FEB 1 10 10 20
MAR 1 2 2 4
etc etc

Below is what I have done:

| dedup Work_Order_ID 
| eval Days_to_Assign=round((Actual_Start_Date-Submit_Date)/86400,0)
| eval Days_to_Complete_after_Assign=round((Completed_Date-Actual_Start_Date)/86400,0)
| eval Total_Days_from_Submit_to_Completion=round((Completed_Date-Submit_Date)/86400,0) 
| stats count(Status) as Completed, avg(Days_to_Assign) as Avg_Days_to_Assign, avg(Days_to_Complete_after_Assign) as Avg_Days_to_Complete_after_Assign, avg(Total_Days_from_Submit_to_Completion) as Avg_Total_Days_from_Submit_to_Completion by Completed_Date | fieldformat Completed_Date=strftime(Completed_Date,"%b")

What I get is each ticket listed separately by month instead of getting just totals for each month.

I get...ignore the numbers, I just plugged those in for an example
Month Completed Avg_Days_to_Assign Avg_Days_to_Complete_after_Assign Total_Avg_Days
JAN 1 12 10 22
JAN 1 10 10 20
FEB 1 9 10 19
FEB 1 4 4 8
MAR 1 1 1 2

Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Karma

tmanuel1

Apologies, I did not copy the entire thing....

| dedup Work_Order_ID
| eval Days_to_Assign=round((Actual_Start_Date-Submit_Date)/86400,0)
| eval Days_to_Complete_after_Assign=round((Completed_Date-Actual_Start_Date)/86400,0)
| eval Total_Days_from_Submit_to_Completion=round((Completed_Date-Submit_Date)/86400,0)
| stats count(Status) AS Completed, avg(Days_to_Assign) as Avg_Days_to_Assign, avg(Days_to_Complete_after_Assign) as Avg_Days_to_Complete_after_Assign, avg(Total_Days_from_Submit_to_Completion) as Avg_Total_Days_from_Submit_to_Completion by Completed_Date
| fieldformat Completed_Date=strftime(Completed_Date,"%b")

0 Karma

tmanuel1

I came up with this solution...

My Search
| dedup Work_Order_ID
| eval Avg_Days_to_Assign=round((Actual_Start_Date-Submit_Date)/86400,0)
| eval Avg_Days_to_Complete_after_Assign=round((Completed_Date-Actual_Start_Date)/86400,0)
| eval Avg_Total_Days_from_Submit_to_Completion=round((Completed_Date-Submit_Date)/86400,0)
| eval Month=strftime(Completed_Date,"%Y-%m (%b)")
| stats count(eval(Status="5")) AS Completed, avg(Avg_Days_to_Assign) as Avg_Days_to_Assign, avg(Avg_Days_to_Complete_after_Assign) as Avg_Days_to_Complete_after_Assign, avg(Avg_Total_Days_from_Submit_to_Completion) as Avg_Total_Days_from_Submit_to_Completion by Month
| eval Avg_Days_to_Assign=round(Avg_Days_to_Assign,0)
| eval Avg_Days_to_Complete_after_Assign=round(Avg_Days_to_Complete_after_Assign,0)
| eval Avg_Total_Days_from_Submit_to_Completion=round(Avg_Total_Days_from_Submit_to_Completion,0)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...