Splunk Search

How to count the status (ERROR or SUCCESS) for the list of clients accessing the application

AmitKrJash
Explorer

Hi,
I am a newbie in Splunk Enterprise. I have to write a splunk query to get the status of the clients accessing the application. The status will be either ERROR or SUCCESS. If the status is SUCCESS, then it is fine but if it is ERROR, it should count the number of ERROR for particular clients and should give the output in tabular format. For example lets say I have 2 clients: Amit@xyz.com and Jash@xyz.com
So the final output should be :
Client_ID Count of ERROR
Amit@xyz.com 25
Jash@xyz.com 54

I tried this query : index="abc_main" sourcetype="def" STATUS=ERROR CLIENT_ID=*

So it showing the error status for all clients in the log file, but now my requirement is to get the tabular output like the example I mentioned above.

0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

Try

index="abc_main" sourcetype="def" STATUS=ERROR CLIENT_ID=*|stats count by CLIENT_ID

Start referring to http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/SearchReference/SplunkEnterpriseQuickReferenceGuid... as well

Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

renjith_nair
Legend

Try

index="abc_main" sourcetype="def" STATUS=ERROR CLIENT_ID=*|stats count by CLIENT_ID

Start referring to http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/SearchReference/SplunkEnterpriseQuickReferenceGuid... as well

Happy Splunking!

AmitKrJash
Explorer

Thanks a lot Renjith!! now I am able to get the required tabular output

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...