Splunk Search

How to count events that are common or existing among multiple sourcetypes?

christopheryu
Communicator

Seeking help of Splunk Gurus.

I have three sourcetypes : TICKET_OPENED, TICKET_ACTIVITY & TICKET_CLOSED. A common field among these three sourcetypes is TICKET_NUMBER.

It is possible that a specific TICKET_NUMBER was opened (exists in TICKET_OPENED) but was not closed (does not exist in TICKET_CLOSED). My question is how do I count the number of distinct TICKET_NUMBER that exist in all of the three sourcetypes?

PS - tried to look if this was previously asked but can't find any answer.

0 Karma
1 Solution

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

index=xyz sourcetype=TICKET_OPENED OR sourcetype=TICKET_ACTIVITY OR sourcetype=TICKET_CLOSED | stats values(sourcetype) sourcetypes  dc(sourcetype) as count by TICKET_NUMBER | where count=3

View solution in original post

twinspop
Influencer

Try this to find transactions missing a step:

(sourcetype=TICKET_OPENED OR sourcetype=TICKET_ACTIVITY  OR sourcetype=TICKET_CLOSED) |
stats count list(SOURCETYPE) as Types by TICKET_NUMBER | where count<3

Or, specific to your question:

(sourcetype=TICKET_OPENED OR sourcetype=TICKET_ACTIVITY  OR sourcetype=TICKET_CLOSED) |
stats dc(TICKET_NUMBER) as TICKET_NUMBERS by sourcetype  
0 Karma

christopheryu
Communicator

Thank you but not quite what I was looking for.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

index=xyz sourcetype=TICKET_OPENED OR sourcetype=TICKET_ACTIVITY OR sourcetype=TICKET_CLOSED | stats values(sourcetype) sourcetypes  dc(sourcetype) as count by TICKET_NUMBER | where count=3

christopheryu
Communicator

removed "sourcetypes" in the stats pipe and it's good to go, thank you!

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

that was meant to be as sourcetypes

0 Karma

christopheryu
Communicator

both produce the same result that I am looking for. Thanks again 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...