Splunk Search

How to control time span in tstats search?

koshyk
Super Champion

hi,
I was looking to find more time precise dataset in the last 1 hour

|tstats summariesonly=true count from datamodel=Authentication where earliest=-60m latest=-1m  by _time,Authentication.tag,Authentication.user

This works perfectly, but the _time is automatically bucketed as per the earliest/latest settings. So if I use -60m and -1m, the precision drops to 30secs. If I change it to 24hrs, the precision drops to 30minutes or so. In normal search (like timechart i could use span), but how can we do similar span command in a tstats search?

I could find a question in similar lines, but the answer is not working on the base search which is incorrect.

0 Karma
1 Solution

harshpatel
Contributor

Have you tried?

|tstats summariesonly=true count from datamodel=Authentication by _time,Authentication.tag,Authentication.user span=60m

View solution in original post

harshpatel
Contributor

Have you tried?

|tstats summariesonly=true count from datamodel=Authentication by _time,Authentication.tag,Authentication.user span=60m

koshyk
Super Champion

Thanks for that. I've put span almost at every word except at the end 🙂
This solved the problem. Cheers

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...