Splunk Search

How to continue with last known value on a simple timechart

ajtalbot1
Engager

Simple search to look at the battery status on my UPS:

UPS_BATT
| timechart max(UPS_BATT) span=1m

But the UPS_BATT value only comes in every 4~12 hours.

How do I continue with last known value, until real data shows up?

0 Karma

arjunpkishore5
Motivator

If I understand your question right, you need to use filldown

UPS_BATT
| timechart max(UPS_BATT) as UPS_BATT  span=1m
| filldown UPS_BATT

Documentation here - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.0/SearchReference/Filldown

Hope this helps

Cheers

arjunpkishore5
Motivator

Hi @ajtalbot1 Thank you for the Upvote. Could you please mark as answer if this is what you were looking for. Cheers!

0 Karma

ajtalbot1
Engager

Pic attached. UPS reached 100%, and it will not provide an update until:
4 hours have gone by
battery status changes

How do I fill in the red section in the graph? Basically just assume the last known value, in this case 100, until real data is provided.
alt text

0 Karma

nplamondon
Communicator

If the problem is that you're seeing the graph go to zero between readings on a line chart, under Format, you'll find a setting for Null Values. Set that to "Connect" and you should see those gaps go away.

If I've misunderstood your issue, please expand your explanation. Screenshots for this sort of thing are helpful, too.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...