Splunk Search

How to combine results of two stats searches into one so summary information can be displayed in one pie-chart

TMazurek

I have two searches:

1st search:
index=main sourcetype=ab_alerts | rename ab_alerts.AlertID as AlertID, ab_alerts.SWArea as AVSWArea | stats dc(AlertID) by AVSWArea

that gives output:
alt text

2nd search:
index=main sourcetype=ab_siem_alarms | rename ab_siem_alarms.AlarmId as AlarmID, ab_siem_alarms.SWArea as SWArea | stats dc(AlarmID) by SWArea

that gives output:
alt text

My goal is to add results of both searches so I can display them on as summarized value of both parsed by SWArea

Tags (2)
0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

How about this

(index=main sourcetype=ab_alerts) OR (index=main sourcetype=ab_siem_alarms)
 | rename ab_alerts.AlertID as ID,  ab_alerts.SWArea as SWArea, ab_siem_alarms.AlarmId as ID,  ab_siem_alarms.SWArea as SWArea 
 | chart dc(ID) over SWArea by sourcetype
0 Karma

TMazurek

it give same result as javiergn search
only events from sourcetype=ab_siem_alarms are displayed

on top of that what if AlertID and AlarmId will have same value i.e. 11111 ? It should give me count two not one

0 Karma

javiergn
Super Champion

If I understand correctly you just want to combine the results of both searches into one table.
If that's the case this is what I would do:

(index=main sourcetype=ab_alerts) OR (index=main sourcetype=ab_siem_alarms)
| rename 
    ab_alerts.AlertID as ID, 
    ab_alerts.SWArea as SWArea, 
    ab_siem_alarms.AlarmId as ID, 
    ab_siem_alarms.SWArea as SWArea 
| stats dc(ID) by SWArea, sourcetype

Or you can simply remove the group by sourcetype if you don't want to display this field.

Thanks,
J

0 Karma

TMazurek

this one return only records from ab_siem_alarms
furthermore, imagine that AlertID and AlarmId are numeric value. If there will be i.e. Alert 11111 and Alarm 11111 it gives only 1 as distinct count and in fact there are two. Distinct count should show distinct values in sourcetype=ab_alerts and sourcetype=ab_siem_alarms

0 Karma

javiergn
Super Champion

That's the reason I was grouping by sourcetype too in the stats.

In any case, I can't really reproduce your issue without knowing a bit more about how your data looks like.
Would you be happy to post here 2-3 events from each sourcetype?

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

i hope stats can have more than one "by" clause.

index=main sourcetype=ab_alerts OR sourcetype=ab_siem_alarms
| rename ab_alerts.AlertID as AlertID, ab_alerts.SWArea as AVSWArea ab_siem_alarms.AlarmId as AlarmID, ab_siem_alarms.SWArea as SWArea
| stats dc(AlertID) by AVSWArea, dc(AlarmID) by SWArea
0 Karma

TMazurek

well it doesnt work at all - 0 results

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...