Splunk Search

How to combine or join 2 sources (.csv format) with exactly the same extracted fields?

krown
Explorer

How is it possible to combine or join 2 sources (.csv format) with excactly the same extracted fields?

source1: column1,column2,column3
source2: column1,column2,column3

In my example, the first column from each source just shows milliseconds and is absolutely equal -> column1 (source1) = column1 (source2) <- these fields I want to overlay. The values from column2 and column3 differs.

I now want to have a table in this format:
column1 column2 column2 column3 column3

Then I could compare the values from column2 with each other and the values from column3 with each other in a line chart while x-axis = column1. Also, it would be nice, if there is a y-axis for the values of column2 and another y-axis for column3, combined in one chart

Thanks in advance!!

Example in Excel

http://up.picr.de/23281724qw.jpg

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like this

(base search temrs source=source1.csv) OR (base search temrs source=source1.csv) | table source column1 column2 column3 | chart values(*) as * by column1 source

View solution in original post

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like this

(base search temrs source=source1.csv) OR (base search temrs source=source1.csv) | table source column1 column2 column3 | chart values(*) as * by column1 source

krown
Explorer

I did it! With your help!

(index="yourindex" source="/home/...csv") OR (index="yourindex" source="/home/...csv") | chart values(speed) by yourtimestamp source

Thank you very much

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...