Splunk Search

How to change existing field transformation via gui

rrovers
Communicator

I have created a field transformatie via the gui of splunk. I want to add a field in this transformation.

If I open the field transformation (settings-fields-field transformation) the already existing fields are not visible.

Is it possible to change the existing fields via the gui?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

rrovers
Communicator

It had to do with my rights in the specific app. In the search app I can create the field transformation and extraction and change it afterwards

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Then it's easiest to select that app first. Then Settings -> Fields -> Transformation. 

Those should be there if you have created those earlier under that app. Then just click transformation name and change it as need.

If this is not working, can you add screenshot here so we can better understood what is the situation?

r. Ismo

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

If you have rights to change (write) to those then you can change those via GUI too. You must select the correct app and owner and/or visible vs created in app. Then you could see those and also change those. In default you can see only your own transforms created in current app.

r. Ismo

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...