Splunk Search

How to change a column chart to not fill with color under line?

wuming79
Path Finder

I selected column chart to show square wave charts but there are also some line charts on the same page. I wanted to actually show everything as line chart but I didn't want the column chart to be filled with color. How can I control this in source code?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

wuming79
Path Finder

Hi, is there no way to change column chart attributes?

0 Karma

harishalipaka
Motivator

Make your color white (which is your background color of chart)
option name="charting.fieldColors"> {"NULL": 0xFF0000} /option

lessthan & graterthan symbols are not accepted in this box .check syntax properly.

Thanks
Harish

wuming79
Path Finder

Hi, making the field color to be the same as background will not show the chart out. The chart just blended into the background.

0 Karma

wuming79
Path Finder

Hi,

Most of my dashboard charts are line charts and there is this one that shows only 1 and 0 and I wanted the chart to look like square wave so chose column chart then it's like odd one out vs all line chart without the bottom being shaded. I like to know if we can do something in the xml to remove the filling and show the square wave as line chart.

alt text
alt text

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@wuming79, details in the question are not clear. Can you screenshot of what you have and mock of what you need?

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...