Splunk Search

How to calculate the "number of files" field in the table colunm of "Files & directories

Shuhei052492
Path Finder

Hi,

I would like to know how to calculate the "number of files" field in the table colunm of "Files & directories",which is the last path of [setting]>>[Data inputs] >> [Files & directories] at Splunkweb.

I have calculated the "number of files" field at each sourcetypes with the following command, and there are the CLI results and the GUI result.

----result----

[user]# /opt/splunk/bin/splunk list monitor | grep <indexname> | grep "aaa" | wc -l
[user]# /opt/splunk/bin/splunk list monitor | grep <indexname> | grep "ccc" | wc -l
[user]# /opt/splunk/bin/splunk list monitor | grep <indexname> | grep "bbb" | wc -l

alt text

Does splunk include directory when splunk calculate the "number of files" field ?
Also, Does splunk include directory when input setting has wildcard ?
If so, why is the number of ccc not different between CLI and GUI result?

I will appreciate any advice.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...