Splunk Search

How to calculate the monthly wise data if we have data from (1jan 2018 to sep 31).

rajhemant26

Hello everyone.

Want to display the output only for the time which crosses 18 months (earliest time)

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

Try this

host=sbej* sourcetype=kekc_thjs R=* index=perf earliest=1514764800 latest=1538265600
| eval host_type=case(host LIKE "%wad%", "WAd") | bin span=1mon _time 
| streamstats count as Request by host_type, _time
| eval RequestsPerMin=Request/24*30/60
| eval RequestsPerSec=RequestsPerMin/60
|stats count(R) as Requests avg(RequestsPerSec) as AvgRequestsPerSec, max(RequestsPerSec) as MaxRequestsPerSec, p95(RequestsPerSec) as P95RequestsPerSec by _time host_type 
|eval AvgRequestsPerSec=round(AvgRequestsPerSec,2), MaxRequestsPerSec=round(MaxRequestsPerSec,2), P95RequestsPerSec=round(P95RequestsPerSec,2)
|sort -MaxRequestsPerSec, -P95RequestsPerSec
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try. Since every month doesn't have same number of days, we'll actually calculate averages at hour level and then aggregating them at month level.

host=sbej* sourcetype=kekc_thjs R=* index=perf earliest=1514764800 latest=1538265600
| eval host_type=case(host LIKE "%wad%", "WAd") | bin span=1d _time 
| stats count as Request by host_type, _time
| eval RequestsPerMin=round(Request/(24*60),2)
| eval RequestsPerSec=round(RequestsPerMin/60,2)
| eval Month=strftime(_time,"%B") 
|stats sum(Request) as Requests avg(RequestsPerSec) as AvgRequestsPerSec, max(RequestsPerSec) as MaxRequestsPerSec, p95(RequestsPerSec) as P95RequestsPerSec by Month host_type 
| foreach Avg* [ eval <<FIELD>>=round('<<FIELD>>',2) ] 
|sort -MaxRequestsPerSec, -P95RequestsPerSec
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Whats the expected output? what all columns you want to see?

0 Karma

pramit46
Contributor

@rajhemant26,

If I were you, I would start with the base search and also change that streamstats to stats, just to see how it behaves. If that gives you the expected result then you can move forward. Can you please try this and let me know the output?

| eval host_type=case(host LIKE "%wad%", "WAd") | bin span=1mon _time
| stats count as Request by host_type, _time

0 Karma

vishaltaneja070
Motivator

Hello Rajhemant26,

Why don't you create a use field date_month which is already availabe by default. Based on that you can use stats command to club event by month.

Thanks.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...