Splunk Search

How to build a table out of this log file?

SS1
Path Finder

Hi,

I have below log file, I would like to build a table out of it (Line1, Line2,Line3,Line4 are just for understanding)

Line1: 2022-05-22 02:02:20 PM UTC False [Android] Password Expiration Notice
Line2: 2022-05-22 06:05:49 PM UTC True [Home] [Android] Password Expiration Notice
Line3: 2022-05-29 04:24:52 AM UTC False [Android] High Memory usage Google
Line4: 2022-05-29 06:05:49 PM UTC True [Android] Password Expiration Notice

Desired Table:

Issue                                                             True      False
Password Expiration Notice                     2          0
High Memory usage Google                     0           1

Caluclating False: Line1-Line2 i.e. i need to Subtract count of events with "True [Home]" from "False"

Caluclation True: Number of events with "True"

Labels (6)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You may already have fields that exist, but this example assumes the data you supplied is the raw data

| makeresults 
| eval x=split("2022-05-22 02:02:20 PM UTC False [Android] Password Expiration Notice###2022-05-22 06:05:49 PM UTC True [Home] [Android] Password Expiration Notice###2022-05-29 04:24:52 AM UTC False [Android] High Memory usage Google###2022-05-29 06:05:49 PM UTC True [Android] Password Expiration Notice", "###")
| mvexpand x
| fields - _time
| rename x as _raw
| rex "(?<t>\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2} \d{2}:\d{2}:\d{2} \w{2} [^ ]*) (?<bool>(True|False)) ((?<home>\[Home\])? )?(?<platform>\[[^\]]*\]) (?<Issue>.*)"
| stats count(eval(bool="False")) as False count(eval(bool="True")) as True count(eval(home="[Home]")) as Home by Issue
| eval False = False - Home
| table Issue True False

rex statement parses out the fields and then the stats does the basic calcs and the False is adjusted at the end

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...