Splunk Search

How to build a dashboard multitoken using another token?

fooflington

I would like to build a dashboard token using a combination of a dropdown field and a checkbox field to build a host selector based on various components of the hostname (which follows a predefined syntax: service-environment-role-NNN)

I tried doing this as:

• Dropdown for environment: [ A | B ]
  • Checkbox for role: [ X | Y | Z ]

The token settings for $role$ I set as:

• Token prefix: (
  • Token suffix: )
  • Token value prefix: host=service-$environment$-
  • Token value suffix: -*
  • Delimiter: OR

This seemed to do the right thing until I tried changing the Environment dropdown and nothing changed. It turned out that, when clicking Apply when setting the above, the $environment$ value was being baked into the Token value prefix setting and couldn't be changed.

Given that I would like multiple roles to be selectable in this dashboard, is there a way to construct this search filter either declaratively in the GUI or as part of the canned search?

Thanks 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...