Splunk Search

How to apply anomaly command on timechart query?

PRIYANKA_1993

I am trying to apply anomaly detection on count field.

Base query: index=test sourcetype=web source="test.log" WEB_URL="test"|timechart count by WEB_SOURCE_IP

-time IP 1 IP 2 . . IP N
timestamp Count Count Count

timestamp

Timestamp

But in the assistant for obvious reasons I am only getting option of choosing the IPs and _time in the fields to select dropdown. I need guidance on how can I approach here.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@PRIYANKA_1993 ..."But in the assistant for obvious reasons I am only getting option of choosing the IPs and _time in the fields to select dropdown"...

What is it that you want to do here which Assistant is not allowing?

If Assistant is letting you choose the field, you can use the Show SPL option with few fields and then convert the query as per your needs.

Sukisen1981
Champion

Have you tried using the default splunk anamoly commands, something like this -

index=test sourcetype=web source="test.log" WEB_URL="test"|timechart count by WEB_SOURCE_IP|anomalydetection

Or just this

index=test sourcetype=web source="test.log" WEB_URL="test"|index="_audit"| anomalies|table _raw unexpectedness

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...