Splunk Search

How to alert based off the last reported number in a stats count

sbattista09
Contributor

How to alert based off the last reported number in a time chart. I want to alert based on a comparison of the last two numbers where if it that value grew more than x%, I want it to alert.

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

add this:

| tail 2 | reverse | autoregress count | eval pct_increase=100 * (count - count_p1)/count | where pct_increase > X

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

add this:

| tail 2 | reverse | autoregress count | eval pct_increase=100 * (count - count_p1)/count | where pct_increase > X

sbattista09
Contributor

so this is great however the pct_increase (i renamed it to pct_diff) is not putting a decimal so for instance
count count_p1 pct_diff
18.32 10.25 807
pct_diff should be 8.07

i fixed it by adding a decimal
| eval pct_increase=1.00 * (count - count_p1)/count | where pct_increase > X

thanks again i will be suing this a lot!

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Could you provide more information on your current outputs and expected output? (The title says stats and the question says timechart ) Also share you current queries.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...