Splunk Search

How to add a static column to a table with dynamically search result

bing_zheng

I have a search successfully generate a dynamic table BUT I couldn't add a static column called baseline:

I tried to use below search to add baseline according to apiName, but couldn't get it to produce the result:

index=* sourcetype=log 
|eval baseline=case(apiName=="apiA_MS",200,apiName=="apiB_MS",300,apiName=="apiC_MS",400)
| eval temp=1 
| table api*MS 
| untable temp apiName response_time  
| stats avg(response_time) as avg_ms, max(response_time) as max_ms, min(response_time) as min_ms by apiName 
|table apiName, baseline,avg_ms,max_ms,min_ms
| eval avg_ms=round(avg_ms)

I want to see result as below with baseline added

apiName      baseline     avg_ms      max_ms                 min_ms
apiA_MS      200          100         200                    50
apiB_MS      300          250         350                    100
apiC_MS      400          350         500                    200

Appreciate your help.

0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

Create the baseline field on;y after you have performed stats and got your desired results. You are not using baseline prior to the stats anyways.

<Your Base Search>
| stats avg(response_time) as avg_ms, max(response_time) as max_ms, min(response_time) as min_ms by apiName
| eval baseline=case(apiName=="apiA_MS",200,apiName=="apiB_MS",300,apiName=="apiC_MS",400)
 | <Your remaining search>

View solution in original post

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Create the baseline field on;y after you have performed stats and got your desired results. You are not using baseline prior to the stats anyways.

<Your Base Search>
| eval baseline=case(apiName=="apiA_MS",200,apiName=="apiB_MS",300,apiName=="apiC_MS",400)
 | <Your remaining search>

bing_zheng

Cool. Thanks for the help.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@bing_zheng@intuit.com... Anytime 🙂

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The stats command is throwing away the baseline field. Try using eventstats, instead.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...