Splunk Search

How to achieve Splunk Dashboard text filter?

CodingMaestro
Path Finder

I have a splunk dashboard that looks like below,

CodingMaestro_0-1683802984525.png

And i have added the text filter. But when i try to search of the text filter it works. But it only works when i search by one App. But i want it to search so that if i search,
Max, Pan, Ian
It will give me the details for the 3 rows. I have 4000 unique apps so i want it so that if i search Max, Pan, Ian it will give me 3 row details.

If someone can help me on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In that case, you should set up a change handler for the input to parse the text field and create a token with the values in quotes e.g. "Max", "Pan", "Ian", then you can use the token to filter with the IN clause

... app IN ($applist$)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I presume you have an text input and are using the token in the search for the table.

Are you working with Classic / SimpleXML dashboard or Dashboard Studio?

0 Karma

CodingMaestro
Path Finder

Yes that's correct,

And its a classic dashboard

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In that case, you should set up a change handler for the input to parse the text field and create a token with the values in quotes e.g. "Max", "Pan", "Ian", then you can use the token to filter with the IN clause

... app IN ($applist$)

0 Karma

CodingMaestro
Path Finder

This Alone worked, Thanks.

0 Karma

CodingMaestro
Path Finder

Could you please explain further how to set up a change handler, and how to do it. Thanks.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I thought by your handle you were a Maestro? 😀

Depending on how sophisticated you want to be in preprocessing the text input (here I have just removed embedded spaces), you could try something like this

<form version="1.1">
  <label>Text parsing</label>
  <fieldset submitButton="false">
    <input type="text" token="apps">
      <label>Application filter</label>
      <change>
        <eval token="app_filter">"\"".mvjoin(split(replace($apps$," ",""),","),"\",\"")."\""</eval>
      </change>
    </input>
  </fieldset>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <html>... app IN ($app_filter$)</html>
    </panel>
  </row>
</form>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...