Splunk Search

How to Add time in the Dashboard

exchanger
Path Finder

Hello,

I have a query (e.g. "....... " | stats count, avg(...)) and after that I get as result
OwnColumn Count AVG
XYZ                 20           40

As another column I would like to have the time of my request (last week, last 24 hours), depending on what I selected. And that in readable time.
Now I found the following command to show me the time.
| addinfo
| convert ctime(*)
| eval reportDate=info_min_time." to ".info_max_time
| table reportDate
| rex field=reportDate "(?<FirstPart>.*\d+:\d+:\d+).*\s+to\s+(?<SecondPart>.*\d+:\d+:\d+)"
| eval reportDate=FirstPart." to ".SecondPart
| fields reportDate

I customized it the query : "fields OwnColumn, reportDate, count, AVG..." so I can see my queries in the dashboard.
So requested would be
OwnColumn reportDate                                                                               count         AVG
XXX                 02/21/2021 00:00:00 to 02/28/2021 00:00:00      20                40
However, I either get only the reportDate and all the others remain empty or it converts the data from the other queries also into a date, so that 43 (which was for example in count) then also becomes a date. How do I change the query to get what I want?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

manjunathmeti
Champion

hi @exchanger,

Function ctime(*) converts all field values. Change it to ctime(info_*_time).

| addinfo
| convert ctime(info_*_time) timeformat="%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S"
| fields OwnColumn, reportDate, count, AVG

If this reply helps you, an upvote/like would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

manjunathmeti
Champion

hi @exchanger,

Function ctime(*) converts all field values. Change it to ctime(info_*_time).

| addinfo
| convert ctime(info_*_time) timeformat="%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S"
| fields OwnColumn, reportDate, count, AVG

If this reply helps you, an upvote/like would be appreciated.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...