Splunk Search

How does the searchtxn command work?

kozhin

Hello i have a problem with searchtxn:

"Error in 'searchtxn' command: This command must be the first command of a search."

and i don't understand how to use it correctly. i have events from one sourcetype and i need to paste them together. They have same number of device "645", but because i have a very long search with rex, i don't know how to paste them. Help me pls how to write correctly searchtxn

Tags (1)
0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

Hello! Did you read the manual? http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/SearchReference/Searchtxn
Take a look at it, and let me know if any issue.

SGF
0 Karma

kozhin

yes i read. and i didn't understand this example.

0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

The manual is clear. The command Efficiently retrieves transaction events matching the transaction type transaction-name that contain the text selected by search-string.
The example bellow, will Find all email transactions to root from David Smith.

| searchtxn email to=root from="David Smith"

If you still have problems, let me get your query

SGF
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...