Splunk Search

How do you set panel specific color ranges for single value visualizations that contain a % sign in Splunk 6.3?

pepper_seattle
Path Finder

Hello,

Splunk 6.3 allows you to set colors by ranges with a hard coded min and max setting that you can eval in your search (possibly else where too?), but it appears that if you are using a single value visualization with percentages that include the % sign, the coloring won't work properly (black background instead of green or red). In previous versions I've used

| fieldformat <field> = <field> . " %" 

to get around the % sign changing a value to a string, but this doesn't work with this case.

Question:
How do you set panel specific color ranges for single value visualizations that contain a % sign in Splunk 6.3?

0 Karma
1 Solution

mporath_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Fieldformat is not recognized for Single Value in 6.3.
You could set the "%" as an "After Label", and leave the number as is.

View solution in original post

mporath_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Fieldformat is not recognized for Single Value in 6.3.
You could set the "%" as an "After Label", and leave the number as is.

pepper_seattle
Path Finder

Thanks @mporath, I found the labeling quite useful to get around this. Just unfortunate that it can't also be done through querying.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...