Running Splunk 6.2.4. Search results are displayed but message says "22 errors occured while the search was executing. Therefore, search results might be incomplete."
Do you have any automatic lookup setup (for the lookup table name mentioned in the error) and its no longer available?
Can you check your lookup definitions and check if the lookup exists,
What is the search string you tried , |inputlookup "csvname.csv" ??
I typically see this problem under two conditions.
Since its throwing the same error for 20 individual systems I'm guessing this lookup table is missing from our universal forwarders... ???
The lookup is not generated by your universal forwarder but by your search head. I would disabled the automatic lookup or setup for to generate a new csv.
Is there a way to disable an automatic lookup that used by an App. Looks like that auto lookup is from the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure >>> splunkappwindows_infrastructure 1.1.3
Doesn't look like you can delete it either...
How would you get it to generate a new csv?
I was able to resolve this error just now. Go to settings -> lookups -> lookup table files, change the App context dropdown to "All", and search for windowseventdescriptions. It will show you the path of the file, mine is:
-- and when I looked in this folder, the file was indeed missing.
I went to splunkbase, downloaded the Splunk App For windows Infrastructure app, and unpacked the .TGZ manually. The windowseventdescriptions.csv file is contained inside here, I copied it into the above-mentioned folder, and done - no more errors on search. I found more files in here than were in the lookups folder on the system, so I actually copied all 30 of the csv's from the archive, overwriting any already present.
Somehow during my splunk upgrades and splunk app for windows infrastructure upgrades, this file got lost. My splunk app manager showed app for windows infrastructure as being up-to-date.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Whatever, I'm happy I got mine to work and I hope this helps you.
This has worked for me as well. but while using the whosthere app - the real-time dashboard does not renders.
Coming back to update this with another note --
I had done some upgrades and was having trouble with this error again, but the file was present and accessible, read permission for everyone. I finally noticed that in the LOOKUP DEFINITIONS page the lookups themselves had become DISABLED. I clicked 'enable' and presto, no more error message.