Splunk Search

How do you get an average based on a date field?

karthi25
Path Finder

I have a Splunk log in JSON format as follows:

{"SCMSplunkLog":{
"SCMSuccessLog":{
"payload":{
"sourceCount":0,"level":"INFO","duplicateCount":0,"successCount":0,"startTime":"2019-01-19 23:08:31","endTime":"2019-01-19 23:08:34","publishedCount":0
},"appName":"***","eventType":"***"}}}

Now, I want to draw the line chart with the hourly average of publishedCount over starttime. I tried the below query, but it is not working:

index=*** source=*** | search SCMSplunkLog.SCMSuccessLog.eventType="***"| sort -splunkLogId | eval runDate = SCMSplunkLog.SCMSuccessLog.payload.startTime |eval time=strptime(runDate, "%m-%d-%Y %H") | chart sum(publishedCount) as dailyAvg over time | stats avg(dailyAvg) as TREND  | eval TREND=round(TREND)| strcat "TREND" ":  " TREND TREND

Can anyone please suggest to me the solution for it.

0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

@karthi25 ,

Try

index=*** source=*** | search SCMSplunkLog.SCMSuccessLog.eventType="***"| sort -splunkLogId
| eval runDate = SCMSplunkLog.SCMSuccessLog.payload.startTime 
|eval _time=strptime(runDate, "%m-%d-%Y %H") 
|timechart span=1h avg(publishedCount) as TREND
Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@karthi25 ,

Try

index=*** source=*** | search SCMSplunkLog.SCMSuccessLog.eventType="***"| sort -splunkLogId
| eval runDate = SCMSplunkLog.SCMSuccessLog.payload.startTime 
|eval _time=strptime(runDate, "%m-%d-%Y %H") 
|timechart span=1h avg(publishedCount) as TREND
Happy Splunking!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...